Hot cocoa is beautiful and it is one way we can time travel....one sip and it sends us mental pictures of all the times we sipped hot cocoa....memorable times in our lives....one sip can create a timeline of our most happiest and favorable moments in life...Hot cocoa has incredible power to transmit happy memories instantly to our minds...Hot cocoa is synonymous with happiness....Here is the best of the best "Decadent Hot Cocoa" Recipe...
Decadent Hot Cocoa:
4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 pinches salt
2 pinches chili powder
2 tsp. instant coffee
1 c. heavy cream
1 c. whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In medium saucepan on medium heat add heavy cream and whole milk.
2. When the chill is off of the cream and milk [can touch the dairy with finger without getting burned] add all dry ingredients minus the chili powder. Whisk until well combined.
3. Stir occasionally until hot cocoa mixture reaches 220 degrees...[can see steam lift up from the mixture, but not quite boiling; you do not want the mixture to boil or become scorched].
4. Add chili powder...stir constantly until well combined, continuing to keep cocoa on medium heat for 1 minute.
5. Turn off heat and add vanilla extract...stir until well blended.
6. Serve with freshly whipped whip cream and chocolate curls and/or sprinkles.
How sweet it would be if we could enjoy hot cocoa with our favorite pet, and yet we cannot....chocolate is very dangerous for them. Rooney is not pleased, as you can see, that she cannot have a hot cocoa, and to help make this up to her, in a way, and I am following the lead of a particular coffee/tea shop, Rooney receives a cup of freshly whipped whip cream. Rooney is in heaven with happiness with her newfound treat....clearly pleased with our negotiations I received a whipped cream kiss!
Enjoy a cup of Decadent Hot Cocoa this week!